Welcome to the Aviation Historical Society of Australia Inc (AHSA) website.
We are Australia’s oldest historical society devoted to aviation history. AHSA holds a pre-eminent position in its dedication to researching, recording and sharing our rich aviation heritage.
The AHSA consists of dedicated and knowledgeable people willing to share their experience with others. We were formed in Melbourne in 1959 by a group of people with a mutual interest in recording Australian aviation history. In the same year the first issue of the AHSA Journal, now called Aviation Heritage was distributed to members. Today the AHSA has members in all states of Australia and worldwide.
The AHSA is a not-for-profit community group and has registered a Publications and Research fund for tax-exempt donations. Money from donations to this fund is used to assist authors in researching and publishing historical works.
Our activities include
- Research into Australia’s rich aviation history.
- Publication of the quarterly Journal, Aviation Heritage plus other publications.
- Sale of aviation related merchandise.
- Archiving books, documents, and ephemera important to Australia’s aviation history.
- Regular meetings in Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane featuring interesting lectures and discussions on Australia’s aviation history.
- Visits to aviation related organisations such as museums and manufacturers.
- Participation in airshows and exhibitions.
- Providing spokespersons on aviation related matters.
- Maintaining an online discussion forum through our Facebook Group